Dear owners and tenants,
This is a reminder about the importance of providing access to units during our remediation project.
As per our Strata Bylaws:
7 (1) An owner, tenant, occupant or visitor must allow a person authorized by the strata corporation to enter the strata lot:
(a) in an emergency, without notice, to ensure safety or prevent significant loss or damage, and
(b) at a reasonable time, on 48 hours’ written notice, to inspect, repair or maintain common property, common assets and any portions of a strata lot that are the responsibility of the strata corporation to repair and maintain under these bylaws or insure under section 149 of the Act, and to ensure that the Bylaws are being observed.
7 (2) The notice referred to in subsection 7 (1)(b) must include the date and approximate time of entry, and the reason for entry.
If necessary, Strata Council has authorized the use of a locksmith to open your door for this work with any costs associated with the locksmith to be charged back to the owner.
The costs associated with a locksmith will be far less than the potential charge of $3,500/day for construction delays.
Please ensure your window coverings are removed PRIOR TO WINDOW WORK COMMENCING IN YOUR UNIT. This includes removing all window blind hardware.
- If you need help with blind removal, please contact Tony Dohaniuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure a clear area of 4 feet around each window being installed.
- Please do not re-install window coverings until window work (including carpentry finishing work) is completely finished in your unit.
- Please note that once work is complete, blinds need to be professionally installed by a Strata approved contractor to ensure they are not attached to the actual window. Improper installation can void the window warranty and/or puncture the building’s new rain-screen membrane.
- For privacy, you may wish to tack up a sheet or piece of plastic or cardboard to cover the window.
- In order to protect your furniture and other items, poly (plastic sheeting) will be dropped off at your door the day before. If you need additional poly, please ask Enrique (604-230-5924) and he will get more delivered.
- If you cannot be around to provide access, please contact Enrique at 604-230-5923 and leave a key with him so he can provide access.
A more detailed notice containing the Strata’s policy regarding window treatments and a list of approved contractors for blind installation will be posted shortly.
Please direct all other questions to Cam Carruthers at email@example.com or by calling 604-648-4443.
Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated.
2 thoughts on “IMPORTANT REMINDER REGARDING UNIT ACCESS DURING REMEDIATION PROJECT”
We have no issue with providing access, but is there not a schedule from RDH as to when they expect to need access? We are most interested in when access might be needed on our floor. We have a tenant, who is a nurse, and we would like to giver her as much notice as possible.
Also, the post below did not mention how soon following the window installation can the blinds be replaced.
Sorry for the delay in responding, George. We try to respond directly to residents in cases like this, rather than publicly on the Website. Upon reviewing your post, I feel others may benefit from a response. Please note that I have deleted the personal details from your post. I hope our bi-weekly high level updates have been helping residents better anticipate when they can expect work to be done in their particular unit. Blind installation, as noted in other posts, has been hampered by the delay in getting beauty caps from Cascadia. Now that we have those parts, residents are being advised by RDH when their caps and screens are scheduled for installation. In general, screens can be replaced once drywall finishing has been completed, currently running five to six weeks after window installation. We thank residents for their patience.